Sir Winston is passionate about sustainability - it's the core principle of our brand.
We are strongly committed to Sustainable, Eco-Friendly, Fair Trade & Ethical practices across all aspects of our brand including our products, manufacturing, labor, packaging & fulfillment.
We are continually striving to lessen our impact on the environment.
Sir Winston is committed to packaging solutions that are both good for our customer and good for the environment.
We utilize the most sustainable and innovative options available to us, ensuring our packaging is:
- Sourced Responsibly.
- Optimized for Efficiency.
- Effectively Recovered.
- Lowest possible Environmental Impact.
- We have a ZERO first generation plastic policy across every aspect of the brand.
- Our premium garments are packaged in gift boxes made from recycled post-consumer waste cardboard and are 100% recyclable and Responsible Forestry Certified ensuring that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
- Some accessories are packaged in 100% recycled plastic bags.
- All our products are shipped in custom branded 100% biodegradable mailer bags made from corn starch, they are home & commercially compostable and leave no harmful residue behind once they breakdown.
- Our swing tags are made from post-consumer waste cardboard, manufactured 100% carbon neutral and using vegetable based inks (an eco-friendly alternative to petroleum based inks).
- Our label ties are made from 100% Hemp, eco-friendly, biodegradable, AZO-Free Dye & Oil-Free.
- Our wrapping paper & stickers are made from 100% recyclable & biodegradable acid free FSC paper & printed with Eco friendly Soy-based Inks
- Our USA based fulfillment company is a Green Eco-friendly company, utilizing the best sustainable business practices with minimal impact on the environment.
Wherever possible we are using organic & recycled materials across our products.
On our website we use these symbols to highlight products that are made with organic & recycled materials:
Organic Materials. Recycled Materials.
We ensure that our manufacturers & providers are Sustainable & Eco-Friendly and practice Ethical standards.
Certifications of our manufacturers & suppliers include:
- GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified: organic cotton products are made with quality cotton grown without the use of herbicides or pesticides.
- Amfori BSCI - a leading supply chain management system that supports companies to drive social compliance and improvements within the factories and farms in their global supply chains.
- The Global Recycle Standard (GRS) is the world’s leading standard for recycled textiles and certifies recycled materials based on environmental and social practices.
- The Organic Content Standard (OCS) is an international, voluntary standard that sets requirements for third-party certification of certified organic input and chain of custody. The goal of the OCS is to increase organic agriculture production.
- PETA-Approved Vegan : companies that do not conduct or commission any animal tests on ingredients, formulations, or finished products and products do not contain any animal derived components.
- OEKO-TEX® is a safety standard for the assessment of harmful substances in fabrics. Its aim is to ensure products are free from harmful substances and follow REACH, the EU regulation which restricts the toxicity of chemicals and heavy metals in all consumer products.